Do you remember what it was like to shop for your first car? That’s how many customers feel when they are researching and purchasing a new gym membership.
As a business owner, you want people to think of your company when they need your product or service. And the best way to do that is by being in their minds at the right time. With online reviews, people can share their experiences with your brand, good or bad, helping potential customers make an informed decision. In this article, we will look at some ways you can leverage online reviews and increase customer trust.
Customers are searching for and reading reviews about your business whether you know it or not
Customer reviews tell people what a business is like on the inside. They can help people decide if a business is right for them, and they give customers a chance to see if other customers were satisfied with their experience. If a potential customer sees that many people have been happy with their experience, it increases the level of trust in your brand. This is something you know, because you do exactly the same thing with your online purchases.
Some research suggests that over 70% of consumers consult online reviews before making a purchase, and that those reviews are often more important than the product’s price or brand. In fact, one study found that 90% of consumers said online reviews influenced their buying decisions.
There are a few reasons why online reviews are so important:
- Reviews help consumers feel more confident about their purchase.
- Reviews provide valuable insights into a product’s quality, features, performance and potential problems.
- Reviews can help consumers find the best deals on products.
- Reviews can boost a brand’s search engine ranking (SEO).
Consumers read an average of 10 online reviews before feeling able to trust a local business
Nearly 9 in 10 consumers have read online reviews to determine the quality of a local business, and 39% do so on a regular basis. Online reviews are a powerful way to improve your business, but only if you get them right. That’s why you need to use online reviews to improve trust in your company and increase conversions. Here are some things you can do to get more reviews from your customers.
- Ask for reviews. Don’t assume that customers want to leave you reviews. Ask them! When was the last time someone complimented your business? Chances are good that person would have been happy of writing a glowing review.
- Make leaving reviews easy. You don’t want to put your customers in the awkward position of asking for a review, so make it easy for them to leave you feedback by providing a link to your page on popular review sites.
- Tell your customers how important reviews are to you. Most customers don’t leave reviews because they think it’s not necessary. Ask customers to leave a review after they have made a purchase or used your service.
- Offer an incentive for customers to leave a review, such as a discount on their next purchase.
Incorporate Getting Reviews into Your Business Process
Do you want to know how to get more online reviews for your business? Whether you own a restaurant, coffee shop, online store, or any other type of small business, getting customers to leave reviews is an important strategy. And whether you’re a new business that’s just starting to build your customer base, or a well-established company with thousands of followers, increasing your online reviews needs to be on your marketing radar.
Respond to every review — even negative ones.
It is important to always respond to your business’s online reviews because it shows that you are engaged with your customers and that you care about their experience. It also gives you an opportunity to address any negative feedback and turn it into a positive.
There is no such thing as a bad review. In fact, there is value in every single one of them. They all help you to build trust with your customers